Thursday, July 5, 2012

Bevo--the Indestructible Dog Toy

Caitlin chews everything.

She has chewed the legs of our kitchen chairs, the undersides of our dining room chairs, the cord to our electric blanket, the base moldings of our walls and some of the walls themselves, the stuffed backrest that I keep on the bed, and the corner of my pillow. She chewed my sister's doorstop made of some rare Australian wood and made a large hole in a very expensive electric blanket that she had recently bought for her guest bedroom. Caitlin has torn a hole in our leather love seat. And--it goes without saying--she has destroyed every toy I've ever bought her.


Last week, as I scooped up the fragments of yet another toy, I decided to find something that it would take her longer than 15 minutes to reduce to crumbs and shreds of stuffing.


An online search came up with Bevo.
http://indestructibledogtoys.indestructibledoggear.com/durable-tuffys-bevo-bull-dog-toy-dont-take-bull-dog/
Here is what the ad has to say:

 "With super strength and durability, Bevo is sure to become a friend for life. ... For interactive play with one or multiple dogs. ...All of these layers are sewn together to make one super strong layer of material.plush toys featured 2 dog toy Durable Tuffys Bevo the Bull Dog Toy: he dont take bull from no dog! ...
Look at what these customers had to say:
This product ..replaced my previous Bevo the Bull that took my dogs over THREE YEARS to get the stuffing out of.
Love it!
Tuffy’s toys are amazingingly un-chew-up-able!  ...I love this longhorn. More importantly, my bluetick coonhound puppy and my young boston terrier both chew it, shake it, mumble over it, and it’s still hanging in there! A great toy for the truly rigorous chewers!
Our pup is a toy destroyer. Although this thing is by no means indestructible, it lasted us about 3 months. (For frame of reference – our dog can kill a standard type plush toy in about 20 mins) He absolutely loved this thing – we have already ordered another one. "

It seemed worth the risk, and I ordered one. It came this evening about 6:00. I gave it to Caitlin at 6:45. Caitlin loved it. She chomped down on the left horn and started chewing.

Here are some pictures of her progress:

6:48 p.m.

6:49 p.m.

7:00 p.m.

7:03 p.m.

7:13 p.m.

7:33 p.m.

It's 8:15 now. She has long since lost interest and returned to chewing on the leather love seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment