Thursday, June 14, 2012

Stray Dog Found at Harry Griffen

Rob came home this morning with an elderly yellow lab in tow. Apparently the dog had been kept overnight and fed by someone who lives near the park, and who said the dog had been there for at least 48 hours.

I called Second Chance Rescue, who told me they were not allowed to take strays, and that I should take it to a local shelter, and that it would not be put down.

Despite its grizzled muzzle, the dog's libido seemed healthy. He humped Caitlin all the way to the El Cajon Animal Shelter.

The people at the shelter assured me that the dog would not be put down unless he had a major illness.I asked whether they could scan him for a microchip. They could and did, and he had one. They said they would try to find his owner.

We can call them on Tuesday to find out what happened to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment