Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Carli Davidson's Dog Photos

I have decided that I am a Philistine when it comes to art.

Like William Wegman, Carli Davidson does interesting and creative dog photography. This image is from her "Shake" series:

http://carlidavidson.photoshelter.com/gallery/G0000s_trsF9CDFI
She takes the photos with an extremely high shutter speed to record every single nuance of the dog's shaking. I find this scientifically interesting and probably valuable, but as art, I don't particularly like most of it. The ones I do like are those that show the dog looking recognizably like itself.
This is cute. I obviously prefer "chocolate box" photography to actual art. Now that I think about it, I feel the same about writing. I'm not so crazy about the cutting edge stuff. In fact, I took a writing test a couple of days ago on a website I found on Stumbleupon. You submit a sample of your prose, and they tell you what famous author you write like. I, apparently, write like Rudyard Kipling, which probably dates me pretty accurately.
http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/7VNwcL/:UzcSJYNe:Ti60cmYu/iwl.me/

Carli Davidson also has a Pets with Disabilities project that she started after seeing a disabled German Shepherd playing with his owner on the beach.

An interesting person and an interesting photographer. You can see and purchase her work on her website: http://www.carlidavidsonphotography.com/#/Portfolio/Animals/12/

1 comment:

  1. The dog photos which I have seen at above is very heuristic and funny. The first one is really extra ordinary photo and looking very interesting at here.

    Texas Yorkie Breeders

    ReplyDelete